Alle PhD student in Plant-Pathogen Interactions - Jobs in Großbeeren
Alle PhD student in Plant-Pathogen Interactions - Jobs
Alle Jobs in Großbeeren
PhD student in Plant-Pathogen InteractionsArbeitsort: D-14979 Großbeeren · Brandenburg
- Leibniz-Institut für Gemüse- und Zierpflanzenbau Großbeeren/Erfurt e.V.
- monatliches Festgehalt
- Anzeige vom:
- 11.10.2016 (9 Tage alt)
In a project funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) on the subject “Functional analysis of bacterial type-III effectors in plants” and to the earliest possible date we are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious
PhD student in Plant-Pathogen Interactions
Reference number: 12/2016/PG
Employment will be initially for three years with the possibility for an extension.
The salary will be based on qualification and research experience according to the wage agreement TV-L, salary domain east, up to EG 13 (65% of the regular working time)
The current PhD project aims at the characterization of novel effector targets in plants and the elucidation of their roles in plant defence responses.
- Generation of DNA constructs for protein expression in plants, yeast and bacteria
- Infection of plants with bacteria
- Identification and characterization of protein-protein interactions using the yeast two-hybrid system and bi-molecular fluorescence complementation
- Characterization of induced defence responses in plants using molecular and cellbiological approaches
We are looking for candidates with
- A MSc degree or diploma in biology or related field with a strong emphasis on molecular and cellular biology
- A firm background in the field of plant-pathogen interactions
- Good proficiency in English (both oral and written) and a good working knowledge of German
- an inspiring and dynamic research environment, including state-of-the art research facilities
- extensive supervision and an exciting project of considerable fundamental and applied relevance
- a place of employment located close to the city of Berlin
Please send a strong motivation letter stating why this is an interesting topic for you and why you have the right attitude and expertise to make progress in this field. Also send your CV, copies of highschool and academic certificates, names of two references and indicate your earliest possible starting date.