Volunteer Communication & Events ManagerArbeitsort: Albanien
- Yunus Social Business (Balkans)
- Freie Mitarbeit
- variables Gehalt
- Anzeige vom:
- 26.09.2016 (27 Tage alt)
YSB has so far invested more than 8M USD, impacted over 800,000 people and created more than 3,000 jobs in the countries it is active in. It has supported more than 400 entrepreneurs.
*Volunteer Communication & Events Manager*
In order to build a strong pipeline for our investment fund, we work with local organizations that help aspiring entrepreneurs in the region to either come up with their own social business ideas (ideation and pre-seed activities) or launch an existing idea into the market (seed activities). YSB Balkans has built a vast network of such partners and supports them through mentoring, workshops, speeches or sponsorships. YSB Balkans has also developed a blueprint for a social business accelerator which we are conducting at least once per year.
Your role is to organize events, workshops and accelerators together with organizations in our network. You will be responsible for facilitating a community of entrepreneurs and heading up our communication activities on social media. This also includes planning and managing an award and acceleration program for social businesses.
The Communication & Events Manager is tasked to:
● Plan and execute seed events and programs, including an award program for social businesses
● Manage social media communications
● Coordinate YSB’s seed activities with local and international partners
● Support the team in further developing strategies for supporting seed-stage businesses
What we are looking for
● Passion about entrepreneurship and social impact
● Experience in at least one of the following:
o Social Media communications
o Community management
o Event management
o Startup support programs
● Flexibility and solution focus
● Proven ability to build strong relationships with partners
● Fluent English language skills
● The following language skills are beneficial but not required: Albanian, Bosnian, Macedonian, Montenegrin or Serbian
What we offer
● An exciting opportunity to build a community of inspiring entrepreneurs
● Vast responsibilities and autonomy within your position
● A dynamic and supportive team
● An exciting work environment in Tirana with great potential for creating impact and shaping a growing startup community
● A six-month volunteer (unpaid) contract, based in Albania
● A lot of joy in all our projects and a friendly team
● Free accommodation on the premise
● Free flights to and from Albania for the assignment
How to Apply
If you are interested, please send your application, including covering letter, CV and dates of availability, in English, in digital format only, with subject line “Communication & Events Manager”. If your profile is suitable, we will contact you for an interview within 2 weeks. The application deadline is August 31, 2016.
We look forward to hearing from you!