Senior Java engineer / Hadoop engineerArbeitsort: D-06108 Halle (Saale) · Sachsen-Anhalt
- Datameer GmbH
- monatliches Festgehalt
- Anzeige vom:
- 11.11.2014 (802 Tage alt)
Datameer ist ein Venture Capital finanziertes Startup in San Francisco mit Hauptentwicklungsstandort in Halle (Saale).
Datameer is looking for a Senior Java engineer / Hadoop engineer (m/f) at our development center in Halle (Saale), Germany.
Datameer is the only end-to-end big data analytics application purpose-built for Hadoop, designed to make big data easy for everyone. Companies of all sizes like British Telecom, Citibank, Trustev and Workday use Datameer to integrate, analyze and visualize all of their data to get new insights faster than ever.
We’re a fast-growing, passionate team working hard to help people solve the world’s toughest problems using data. Founded in 2009 by Hadoop veterans, Datameer is a well-funded start-up backed by Kleiner Perkins, Redpoint Ventures, and Next World Capital, with offices in San Francisco, New York, and Germany.
• Maintain and develop Hadoop centric code of Datameer
• Integrate Datameer with tools and platforms from the Hadoop ecosystem (like HBase, Hive, Cassandra, etc…)
• Maintain and expand Datameers integration with multiple Hadoop vendors (cdh, hdp, MapR, Windows Azure, etc…)
• Help out Datameer Customers with Hadoop related problems
• Colaborate within an international team, Germany and USA
• Participate in weekly dev team meetings
• 1+ years industry experience with Hadoop
• Good understanding of Hadoop related tools and technologies: hdfs, hbase, hive
• Basic experience in running/troubleshooting a Hadoop cluster
• Experience in developing and running map-reduce jobs a plus
• Solid knowledge of software development with Java / JEE
• Good in English, basic in German would be a plus
• Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
We offer a focused, driven culture and a collegial working environment. If you are excited about helping Datameer lead the big data revolution, we would like to talk to you and encourage you to apply.