Linguistic Assistant - German (Internship)Arbeitsort: D-10243 Berlin · Berlin
- Altagram GmbH
- monatliches Festgehalt
- Anzeige vom:
- 09.06.2016 (135 Tage alt)
Altagram is an independent localization specialist based in Berlin, Germany. It represents the convergence of a passionate and talented team with years of experience in the video game localization industry.
We offer a full range of localization services for all software titles.
From a few lines of translation to a complex audio dubbing project, we treat each project with the same professionalism and put our expertise into every stage of the localization process.
We devise a personalized and effective solution for our clients' localization needs in over 30 languages, guaranteeing the highest quality at the most competitive prices.
Flexible, quality-oriented and passionate in what we do, we constantly strive for satisfied clients and happy players. To achieve our goals, we are always on the lookout for talented linguists with a passion for translation and for video games.
We are currently seeking a German linguist to fill a translation intern position in our office in Berlin.
The internship should last a minimum of three months and will be held on a full-time basis (preferably for a duration of over 4 to 6 months). This internship could lead to a full time position as a translator at Altagram.
The successful candidate will assist in the planning, coordination and translation of game localization projects.
During the course of the internship, the German linguist will learn about the game localization processes and the different tools used in a translation company. He/she will gain experience with game terminology and translation.
This internship is a great opportunity for those considering a future career in translation and willing to learn some more about the localization industry.
- Translation of video-game related content
- Creation and updating of guides and databases
- Creation and updating of terminology lists
- Assisting with coordination of localization projects
- Assisting with vendor management
- Providing input and feedback for continuous improvement of processes
- Outstanding skills in native language (German)
- Excellent level of English, both spoken and written
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, flexible and creative
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work efficiently and decisively under pressure
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team
- Avid gamer
- Computer literacy – MS Office
- Knowledge of CAT tools (in particular memoQ) is a plus
Do you think this position is for you? Send us your application today!